Frequently Asked Questions

1. Airpark

How do I schedule the air park pavilion for use?
By calling the front desk at 817-573-2641.

Can a friend of a member land at our air park?
Yes.  Call security to check them in just as if they were coming by car.  Transient parking is available at the northeast area of the field by Plane View Park.

How many airports are there in Pecan? Two.  Pecan Plantation ( 0TX1) and The Landings (66TE). For more information, please refer to http://www.ppoaweb.com/amenities/air-park

2. Dog Park

What are the hours of the dog park?
Sunup until sundown until the new lights are installed.  Then it will be 5:00am until 8:00pm

How do I join Friends of Pooch Plantation?
Check the Columns or ask at the PAC. You don’t need to be a member to use the dog park.

Does the dog park use weed control?
Yes, on a limited basis to get rid of the sticker weeds.

3. Golf

How do I make a golf reservation? Download the ForeTees app and sign up through that.  The pro shop can help you set it up.

How do I see available golf times? Go to the PPOA website and click on Tee Times.  Then click on the Menu button at the top of the screen on the left, then click on Tee Times and click on the Make, Change, or View Tee Times line and click a date.

Do I have to pay to use my golf cart on the course? The fee is $15.00 per round or you can buy a cart sticker for $30.00 per month.  So, if you play more than twice per month, it makes sense to buy the sticker.

How can I bring a guest to the golf course? You can sign a guest in using ForeTees or call the pro shop for a tee time for you and your guest.

4. Marina

How do I apply for a boat slip?
You must apply at the Marina.

Is there a waiting list for a boat slip?

How can I get a temporary boat slip?
There are no temporary slips. You can park your boat on your trailer for a few days in the parking lot with the permission from the Marina.

What days and hours is the Marina café open? The Marina is open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every day. Food service is open from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. every day.

Can I rent a boat at the Marina?

5. Parks / Trails

Where are the parks and trails located?
There are three parks, two on Ravenswood and one on Bellechase.  At the front circle, go south on Ravenswood and the first park is about a half mile down.  The second park is about three miles south of the front circle on Ravenswood and the third park is on Bellechase between the Ravenswood, Bellechase, Monticello intersection and the clubhouse.   There are two trails.  One starts behind the clubhouse and meanders along the river and ends on the 10th tee box and the other is along the river across from the RV park on Ravenswood Rd.

Can I bring my dog to the parks and trails?
Yes, but they must be on leashes under your control

6. Pickleball

How do I join the Pickleball Association?
You can get an application at the PAC or at the PPPA website. The cost is $25 per year.

Can someone teach me how to play pickleball?
Pecan Plantation Pickleball Association (PPPA) offers beginner clinics at the PAC. Check the Columns for monthly clinic dates.

Do I have to be a member of the Pickleball Association to play?
No.  Just show up during Pickleball times and you can play. Call the PAC at 817-573-7952 for the times.

7. Pool

Do I have to pay for pool guests?
Guests pay $3.50 per day to use either pool.

When is the pool open and what are the hours? The clubhouse pool is open throughout the GISD summer break. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily except Monday. A lifeguard must be on duty. There is no swimming in the Clubhouse pool after the summer season ends. The PAC pool is open April 1st to October 31st except on Wednesdays. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. with lifeguards on duty the same hours as the clubhouse pool. Other times it is swim at your own risk.

Can I bring food and drinks to the pool?
The PAC pool allows outside food and beverages but no alcoholic beverages or glass containers. The clubhouse pool does not allow food or beverages, but they can be purchased at poolside.

Can I bring flotation devices to the pool?
No flotation devices are allowed at either pool except for baby flotation devices.

Are there lifeguards for the pools?
Lifeguards are on duty at both pools from 9:30am to 8:00pm during season.

Who do I contact about swim lessons?
Call the PAC at 817-573-7952 for that information.

How do I reserve a pool for a birthday party or event?
You may reserve the pavilion area at the clubhouse pool by contacting the Events Coordinator at the clubhouse. The PAC pool is not available for private events.

8. Pecan Activity Center (PAC)

When is the PAC open?
From 8:00am until 8:00pm Monday through Saturday except Wednesday which is closed and Sunday from noon until 6:00 p.m.

Does the PAC have a workout room? No, but they offer a variety of exercise classes. Up to date class schedules can be found in the Columns.

Do I have to pay a guest fee at the PAC?
Nonmembers pay a $3.00 fee per day. Guests must be accompanied by a member.

Can I reserve the gym for private use?

Can I reserve the meeting room for private use?
Yes. A member can reserve the meeting room free of charge but may not be used for personal business purposes.

Can I have a potluck dinner in the meeting room?
No. Any food and beverage must be purchased through PAC catering.

Can I reserve the softball field and/or the soccer field?
Yes. Call the PAC at 817-573-7952 to make a reservation.

How do I use the disc golf course at the PAC?
It is open for use any time free of charge. You can pick up course maps and score cards and rent disk golf sets at the PAC.

Can I purchase driving range tokens at the PAC?

At what age can my kids go to the PAC without an adult?
Kids 7 years old and younger must be accompanied and directly supervised by a parent or guardian 18 years or older at all times unless in an organized activity.

9. RV Park

How can I reserve an RV spot?
Call the front desk at 817-573-2641.

How long can you reserve an RV spot?
A long time – long enough to have your new house built.

Do members get an RV spot discount?
Yes, if a member pays the reservation, it is discounted.

10. Stables

How do I board a horse at the stables?
There is a waiting list for boarding. Call 817-614-9744 for more information.

How much does the horse boarding cost? The current price is $245 per month.  As a private boarding facility, we are only available to Pecan residents.

Can I temporarily board my horse?
Temporary boarding isn’t available, however we do have holding pens available for a fee that can be reserved up to 15 days. Arrangements have to be made ahead of time by calling 817-614-9744 for information and the appropriate paperwork prior to boarding.

Can I ride one of the horses?
Horses are privately owned and can only be ridden with the permission and accompaniment of the owner.

11. Tennis

How do I sign up to play tennis?
Go to the tennis office or call 817-579-9412.

How can I sign up for lessons for myself or a child?
Go to the tennis office or call 817-579-9412.

12. Website

How do I access my account?
Log onto PPOAweb.com member site and hover over My Club and move to My Profile.

Who do I contact to find my username and password?
You can call 817-573-2641 ext. 324 or contact the webmaster at webmaster@ppoaweb.com. 

How can I update my account information?
To change your email address, email webmaster@ppoaweb.com.  For all other changes, contact the business office.

How do I set up the ForeTees golf reservation system?
Call The Pro Shop at 817-573-2645.

13. Recycling / Trash

What is bulk trash day?
Refer to the Columns article ‘Pecan Collection Station’ on page 2.

How do I dispose of paint or chemicals?
Call the PPVFD at 817-573-1643.

Where is the collection station located and the times it is open?
At 6907 Cottage Ct off Ravenswood by the stables.  Check the Columns for dates and times.

14. Reservations

How do I use the ForeTees app for a golf reservation?
Go to the PPOA website and click on Tee Times.  Then click on the Menu button at the top of the screen on the left, then click on Tee Times and click on the Make, Change, or View Tee Times line and click a date.

How do I reserve dinner and activities at the clubhouse?
Call the clubhouse at 817-573-2641.

How can I make a hotel reservation?
Call the clubhouse at 817-573-2641.

Can I get a hotel discount if I am a member?
Yes, but make sure that you are the person who pays.

15. Safety and Security

Is there any early alert system for severe storms or tornados?
There is a siren by the fire station that is controlled by the Comanche Peaks nuclear power station which is tested the first Monday of every month at noon. Other than that – no.

How long does it take the EMS to reach my house?
Usually under 10 minutes depending on where you live.

Is the cost of Care Flight included in my member fees?
No, but it is covered in your AMUD bill if you opted for it.

How do I let guests in the gate?
Call the front or back gates to let them know or use the gate access app that is available.

How do I navigate the Gate Access app?
If you have trouble call the security office.

Can I call in a food delivery service?
Yes, but you will have to meet them at the front or back gates for pick-up.

Can I call for food pick up at the clubhouse?
Yes, the clubhouse and 19th hole will prepare your orders for you to pick up out front of the clubhouse.

Can I swim, canoe, or use a boat on the river?
Yes, at your own risk.

16. Traffic

Where are the bicycle lanes?
There are no specific lanes designed for bicycles.  They should be considered a vehicle on the road just like another automobile.

Can I pass a golf cart?
Yes.  They should be considered a vehicle on the road just like another automobile.

Can guests get a speeding ticket and who pays it if they do not?
The member who the guest visited is ultimately responsible for the payment if the guest does not pay.

Can you fight a speeding ticket?
Yes.  There is an appeals process that goes to an appeals committee.

How well are the speed limits enforced?
Pretty darn well.

17. Wildlife

What do I do if a dead animal is on my property or on the road?
Call the security office at 817-408-3511 and they will come out and get it.

Can I feed the wild animals?
It is against PPOA policy to feed the wildlife in Pecan Plantation.

What do I do if I see a dead animal?
Call the security office at 817-408-3511.

18. Miscellaneous

How do I submit an ad or article to the Columns Magazine?
The instructions for Columns articles are on page 2 of the Columns magazine or you can call 817-573-2641 ext. 347.

What are the Column magazine deadlines?
The instructions for Columns articles are on page 2 of the Columns magazine or you can call 817-573-2641 ext. 347.

What are the community paper shred dates?
Be on the lookout in the Columns for the dates and times.

Where can I vote here?
If you live in Hood County, you will vote at the PAC.  If you live in Johnson County, you will vote in Bono, Tx.                  

Developed by the Communications committee January 2020.


8650 Westover Court

Granbury, Texas 76049

T. 817.573.2641

© 2017 Pecan Plantation Owners Association.
All Rights Reserved.